Okay ladies and gentleman, I realize it's been a long time since I last wrote something but there will be plenty of stories to come. This semester has been a real pain at school and I've been super busy with catching up on my reality TV so please try and understand that I have had legit excuses. So, the other day I heard on the news that some boy fell from the 2nd floor of my old high school because he was "Messing around". I feel bad for him cuz he's horribly injured and yet a part of me is thinking, "What the crap were you doing?" Anyways, I hope he recovers and that kids will stop doing stupid things. Ok, point of mentioning that was it reminded me for some reason of the times I have engaged in pure stupidity with my siblings. Particularly one incident jumped in my head and I can laugh about it now because it was stupid.
When I was about 5 years old, I was hanging in the basement with my oldest brother, Tiatia. Now as children we didn't have xboxes and iphones to entertain us, we had to use our imagifreakinations. I remember on this particular day, Tiatia found my dad's wet suit and decided that he wanted to try it on like it was armor. So he comes to me, hands me his bb gun and says, "Heiporo, after I put this [wet suit] on, I want you to shoot me." Of course, I'm like crying and saying "I don't want to shoot you" and then Tiatia keeps insisting that his "armor" is going to protect him. If you know my brother, he's also very convincing when he's yelling at you to do something. So, he starts putting on the wet suit and I have the bb gun in my hands. Tiatia barely zips up his "armor" not quite getting it up all the way and BAM! Well...it was more of a little "pooft" sound and I shot him! I. Shot. Tiatia. I was like 15 feet away, but I got the trembling trigger finger and I shot him before he was ready. He. Was. Pissed. He got a pretty good welt (and thank goodness we weren't in the news for me shooting out his eyeball), but instead of crying, he just ripped me a new one because, he "WASN'T READY!!!!" I guess I just didn't understand why zipping up his wet suit ALL the way was going to make a difference and I didn't mean to shoot him...But he did ask me to. *Sigh...I guess I just think of a lot of the dumb things we did as kids and sometimes ask my self, "How the crap am I still alive?" So, moral of the story...don't give your kids wet suits because they'll find ways to do stupid things with it.
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment