CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 18, 2011

CONGRATUFREAKINGLATIONS TO ME!!!! Well....Us...




Ladies and Gentlemen, congratulations are in order! Today is quite the occasion! It has now been five...count em', FIVE... years since Troy and I knelt at an alter while an old man kept calling me Heypinaro and joined Troy and I in matrimony for time and all eternity! Good times. Since it's our anniversary, I thought I would do a little blip about my husband and me. :)

First off people, I want to tell you that there is definitely and truly such a thing as love at first sight. I mean, the first time I laid eyes on Christian Bale I was like, WOWZA! Eh hem...kidding...In all seriousness, the first time I saw Troy my heart literally beat like a mad man playing the Conga and an imaginary bus hit me, regardless of the fact that I was a pedestrian walking on the sidewalk and minding my own business...I knew from the moment I saw Troy that we would be lovers For.Ev.Er.

Troy and I met when I moved to Provo to attend BYU. I was moving my stuff into my new apartment, saw him, fell in love with him, but didn't tell him cuz I hadn't had a conversation with him yet and didn't want to look like a total creeper. That was day one. On day three, we hung out, we talked, we played some softball and he taught me how to swing a bat (which was a total scheme because I'd been in team sports for three years and totally knew how but was trying to cop a feel while staying within the limits of the BYU honor code) and later that evening, we went on a date. We laughed, we flirted and ya dee ya dee ya dah and then BAM! We started dating. On day three people! Ladies, that's how it's done. If you ever want to know the art of flirting, let me know. I'll write you a quick how-to guide. Anyways, after about a year of dating and being engaged, we finally got to the alter and that's where the old man with pronunciation problems came into the picture...(Heypinaro???)

How could I NOT fall in love with this face?



Since then, Troy and I have had a lot of fun and not-so-fun times together. Either way, they're still good memories. Like the time we were driving along the freeway in Los Angeles (which was a total nightmare btw)and our tire popped and we thought that it was some truck making a really loud noise as it drove. Troy changed that tire like a pro! We've had a blast at New Port beach getting some of Jane's corn dogs and churros. We've been to baseball games, (Go REDSOX), Jazz games, and played games together. We've had fun at Disney Land shooting Emperor Zurg on the Toy Story ride, watched movies together, built a frog in the sand, fished in rivers and lakes (I caught a lot of aluminum cans)and enjoyed a weekend of adventure while camping. We've experienced a lot together these last five years and I've grown to love and admire the man I call my hub-a-lub (as well as some other nick names not appropriate for blogs such as these...stop trying to think of what I call him you sickos). So here are some things I love about him.

* He takes out the garbage and does the dirty dishes sometimes (which was totally part of the deal when I told him I'd marry him) and I love him for it.

* He works hard in everything he does--school, work, and life.

* He is quick to forgive (mostly because I'm clinging onto him and telling him 'husband, not be mad')and usually doesn't do much that requires him to apologize. But, when an apology is in order, he apologizes and is sincere.

* He is dependable and honest and is someone you can count on.

* He is a good listener which can help ease the burden of someone trying to unload their troubles.

* He is a good kisser. (Had to throw that in there!)

* He surprises me with little gifts and still knows how to make me fall in love with him over and over again. (He also knows how to make me question what the crap I was thinking sometimes, but hey, we're focusing on the the positive right now...jk, lol!)

* He is an aWeSoMe father and an amazing example to our daughter which eases the pressure off of me a little bit.

Anyways, HAPPYFREAKING ANNIVERSARY TO US!!! It's been an awesome five years, it's gone by way fast, and I'm glad that time is immeasurable in eternity because that's how long we have left together. :)

PS--We're going to the Utah County Fair in Spanish Fork tonight to see some Bull Riding! WOO! I'll try to remember to take pics so you can blog stalk me some more and see what fun we've had!


1 comments:

bunchocoffeys

Oh Mama Poro, how I miss you! You are so freakin' hilarious! Congrats on the 5 years, we hit it earlier this year as well, and it feels so awesome! The mis-pronouncing your name bit reminds me of how Randall used to say it....HEYpuro. Good times!

Post a Comment