Ladies and Gentleman, my husband has been holding out on me! And to make matters worse, my own father and brother (Tevivi you holder-outer-on-me) are guilty of this abominable holding out on me act. Yesterday the hub-a-lub and I went to Cafe Rio in Orem, (sidenote: I heart Cafe Rio) and after eating, the husband wanted to get some frozen yogurt at a place he'd gone to with the bro and the daddio. So, we went next door to this little nook of a store called Menchies. I walked in and ladies and gentleman, the heavens opened and angels sang. That's when I felt it...That weirdo prickly feeling that you get when you're overwhelmed with awesomeness...I got the Menchies! It was a beautiful sight to behold! You walk in and it's a self-serve frozen yogurt bar with several, and I mean SEVERAL toppings to add to your frozen yogurt.
I've been to frozen yogurt self-serve places before, but this one??? This is THE ONE to go to. I piled that yogurt into my heavenly bowl and threw in bits of mini caramel cups, peanut butter cups, heath bar, brownie bits, and as much chocolate as I thought I could handle for the evening. It was fun and absolutely delectable! AND, they let you pick what color spoon you want! Love it...So before you go to Coldstone or Dairy Queen, or wherever it is you frequent, take a step back and think, "Do I just want a heap of ice cream where they've pretty much already determined the combination I get? Do I really want to pay THAT MUCH MORE for an added topping? Cuz I want to add in like 5 things...? OR...Do I want to really satisfy my cravings by combining the ice cream(s) that I want along with the ten toppings I really want added in there?" Cuz odds are, you've got the Menchies too and that's the only place you're going to REALLY get what you want...




2 comments:
We got a coupon on our car for there the other day. We're going to have to use it.
This sounds wonderful! I usually only frequent Utah County to visit my sis-in-law in Eagle Mountain, though. Hmmm... I may have to make a side trip sometime. ;)
Post a Comment