CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What makes my heart go "thump, THUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMP"

So as I'm sitting here at work, attempting to get...well, work done...I keep getting harassing texts from my future brother-in-law... *Insert whiny voice here..."When is there going to be a new post? So...No new post? Wahhh wahh wahhh..." I guess that leaves me no choice but to write a few things that give me anxiety...

1. Standing on the edge of a cliff and having the weird feeling that gravity has suddenly increased and is attempting to pull me over the edge. It makes me feel light headed and I have to tell myself, "Hey, don't get light headed or you'll fall to your death" but the sensation definitely gets my heart going...

2. Playing a game that requires a timer....Have you ever played the game Taboo? Yeah, watching that little hourglass of sand run out of time makes me feel like my heart is going to rip out of my chest and run screaming. Add in the buzzer for every time you say something you're not allowed to and you pretty much have an anxiety attack kit that could do wonders on me...

3. Sitting in the movie theater and wondering what weirdo is going to sit next to me as I think to myself, "Should I put my arm on the arm rest? What if they touch me? I hate when strangers touch me." It's usually some woman who is wearing some cheap perfume. Or the talkers/texters that I absolutely hate. Sidenote: You paid to sit in a dark room and watch a movie. Now do it. Stop texting. Stop talking. You.Drive.Me.Nuts.

4. Driving on the freeway and the road seems to get narrower and AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! A semi-truck is in the lane next to me and it's going to lose control and smash me into the median and I'm going to die! And then AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's a semi-truck on either side of me and they're closing in on me, the sky is collapsing and I can't breath!!!! Of course, I wind up speeding like crazy to get back into my safety zone...

5. Swimming in water in which I cannot see what's beneath me, or even swimming in water that I CAN see what's beneath me (e.g. a public pool), and imagining that a shark is going to make it's way into the water/pool through some large pipe and proceed to chomp off my leg and I'll bleed to death...*gasp...typing this made me realize that I need to stop holding my breath...

6. Seeing someone at Walmart that I hate. Well, maybe not "hate", but whom I'd really, REALLY rather not have to see/talk to ever again. You know, like people you went to school with who's pictures you drew devil horns and mustaches on...

7. Using some seedy public restrooms...TTD's people! Toilet Transmitted Diseases! I think I'm a germaphobe and the thought of touching/using a gross public restroom makes me want to upchuck. Excuse me, I need to go wash my hands real quick...........................................................

Okay, I'm back.

8. Leaving a message after the beep. As ridiculous as this sounds, I would much rather talk to someone than have to leave a message. In the event that I have to call someone, I usually have to recite over and over what I'm going to say in the event that I have to leave a message. Then, when it gets time to leave the message, I wind up talking really fast, stuttering, hanging up real fast and all awkward like and feeling really stupid.

9. Taking a test in the BYU testing center...I remember going to go take my first test in the BYU testing center. Entering the building and seeing the halls lined with people talking to themselves, attempting to cram in some last minute info and pacing back and forth and making weird hand gestures took whatever confidence I had and squished it. Then, being seated in a huge room and not enough space to move your elbows without hitting someone sitting next to you was awful! Furthermore, I felt like I was being hovered around by testing vultures, hired to make sure that no one cheated. Yeah, they slowly pace around, making passes by you several times and breathing all over you.

10. Having people steal my oxygen. Look, I can't have people too close to me and gettin all up in my bizness! When people are close enough to me to steal whatever oxygen I'm attempting to breath, I get super claustrophobic and feel like I'm gonna pass out. Please, keep out of my bubble. And get your own oxygen. If someone's breathing in and out and in and out in my little space, I feel like I won't have any oxygenated air left to breath. Weird, but whatever.

Well, those are a few things that give me anxiety, what give YOU anxiety????

1 comments:

Shan

You crack me up!

Post a Comment